Monday, 11 July 2011 00:00
Little Hoover Commission Meeting Discusses Adult Education
On June 23, adult education representatives participated in an informational hearing on Basic Education in K-12 school districts and community colleges.
Key issues included:
- Coordination between K-12 school districts and community colleges is needed
- Delineating responsibilities is challenging but doable
- Condition funding on the basis of delineation and articulation
- Community colleges decide on non-credit
- Recognize the negative impact of categorical program flexibility on adult education
- Federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Title II pays on student gains
Watch the hearing, published in three parts on the Little Hoover Commission website, or contact Dan Garcia, principal, Ford Park Adult School, 562-927-7759.